Table Of Content
Who doesn't love a cup of hot Rajasthani Kadhi? Kadhi has been one of the most comforting foods. Veganising this recipe has been absolutely amazing!
Kadhi originates from Rajasthan. To make the gravy thick gram flour is added as a base ingredient and vegetables are added to the kadhi in the form of fritters. Thus, covers two major food groups.
You will need thick plant-based curd to make vegan Kadhi. Peanut curd and chickpea curds are better options to get smooth consistency. This is one the most easiest recipes. It take less than 25 minutes and requires ingredients that are easily available at home.
- 1/2 cup peanut curd
- 1/4th cup besan flour
- 1/2 tsp red chilli powder
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- Salt to taste
- 4 cups water
- 1 tsp mustard seeds
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1/2 tsp fennel seeds
- 1/4th tsp methi seeds
- 1 bay leaf
- 3-4 cloves
- 2 pods cardamom
- 1 sprig of curry leaves
- generous pinch of hing
- 1-2 chillies, finely chopped
- 1/2 inch ginger, finely chopped
- 2 red chillies
- Handful of coriander leaves
Kadhi Base Ingredients
- Add curd, besan flour, red chilli powder, turmeric powder and salt in a bowl and whisk all the ingredients together. Add in 4 cups water and mix again
- Pre-heat a pan and saute all tempering ingredients one after the other.
- Pour in the curd mix into pan and stir well to incorporate all ingredients together.
- Bring the kadhi to boil and turn off the flame. The kadhi should be slightly thick by now.
Burn two red chillies over the flame directly and add them to the kadhi for the tadka. Top the kadhi with handful of coriander leaves.
Delicious vegan Rajasthani kadhi is ready to be served!
Let's Just Talk. No Obligations.
I do free consultations every Tuesday's and Thursday's. Either way you will get some actionable tips to reach your fitness goals faster.